Atlanta wins 4-3 (OT) overtime victory over Texas on a clutch goal by Alex Johanson.
Atlanta was led by Johanson, who finished with one goal. Johanson scored 1:10 into overtime to make the score 4-3 Atlanta. Aleksi Hoivala picked up the assist.
Atlanta forced Texas goalie Tyler Myers to work between the pipes, taking 44 shots.
Others who scored for Atlanta included Philip Pugliese, Dylan Wattles, and Trey Opack, who scored one goal each. More assists for Atlanta came via Drew Kelly, Riley Hummitsch, and Evan Camba, who each chipped in one.
Texas was helped by Kyle Galloway, who had one goal. Galloway scored 13:15 into the third period to make the score 3-3. George Hansen assisted on the tally. Texas also got points from Oliver Hay, who also tallied one goal and one assist. Matt Araujo also scored for Texas. Other players who recorded assists for Texas were Mykyta Sheptytsky, who had two and Victor Ekk and Kyle Torgerson, who contributed one each.
Alekandr Zendejas rejected 23 shots on goal for Atlanta. Atlanta incurred six minutes in penalty time with three minors. Myers recorded 40 saves for Texas. Texas incurred four minutes in penalty time with two minors.
“Our staff is proud of our players, 4 games in 4 days on the road are tough. The way we competed and stayed focused in all 4 games was Capitals hockey. Now that we are done with that road swing, we are now moving on to Evansville at home” said Head Coach Anthony Bohn.
- Drake Cartwright and Ross Bartlett scored their first junior hockey goal this weekend.
- Capitals set a franchise record for longest shutout streak that stretched for 209 minutes and over 3 games plus.
- Both Zendejas and Boettcher record shutouts in the 4 game road swing
- The Capitals stretched their win streak to 5
* Alex Johanson has recorded a goal in the last 6 games